Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hawaii - Tuesday

Jill came and picked me up as soon as she got off of work! This is a picture from a lookout on the Pali Highway!




















We hiked the pill boxes at Lanikai and then went to go lay out on the beach...beautiful!

















Macademia Nut Farm

Chinaman's Hat















Kualoa Ranch












Shark Rock























Jill didn't sleep when she got off of work... she just came and picked me up from the hotel! We drove the Pali Hwy to Lanikai. We hiked an amazing hike...I think the most beautiful hike I have ever seen. The views that we saw from the top were breathtaking. The sun was hot but the wind was wonderful! The hike gets its name from the WW2 military bunkers. After the hike we went to the market to get some food and then went to go lay out on Lanikai Beach. When I was on the plane ride back I saw in the Delta magazine that Lanikai is the #6 beach in the world. Lanikai means "Heavenly Sea."

After laying out we went to Starbucks and I got a delicious Mocha Coconut Frapp. We drove half of the island and saw many beautiful things. We stopped at the Macademia Nut Farm, Chinaman's hat, Kualoa Ranch(Jurassic Park, Lost), Shark Rock. Our last stop was Waimea Bay. We were sitting there watching the waves and decided to get in. We swam in the beautiful waves until about 10 minutes til sunset. We ended the day stopping at Spaghettini and I had vegetarian marinara. :)

If I had to pick my favorite day -- it would be today!! I can't thank Jill enough for not sleeping and taking me around all day!!

Day 6 - Pali Hwy, Pill Box Hike, Lanikai, Starbuck's(Mocha Coconut Frapp), Drive, Waimea Bay, Sunset, Spaghettini

No comments:

Post a Comment