Monday, February 8, 2010

Hawaii - Monday

On Monday morning I got up, took a bus, and went to hike Diamond Head. It was a beautiful hike. There were a lot of people hiking in the morning and I went around 8:30. The park opens at 6AM.









99 stairs!

















Nap on the Beach!

Duke - a famous surfer!

















As I was hiking Diamond Head, there were 3 older women celebrating their 80th birthdays. I hope when I am 80 I am hiking craters! After the hike, I got a yummy chicken and pineapple sandwich from Cheeseburger in Paradise, with a view of the beach. I went up to my hotel room to get out of the sun for a little bit - I can turn into a lobster very quickly! I stayed inside for a little bit but then decided to go take a nap on the beach...lovely! I walked back to my hotel to take a shower and grabbed some fresh papaya. Then went back to the beach to watch the sunset! I walked around Waikiki for a little while...bought a beautiful spray painted picture of sunset and the beach - my favorite! The picture above is just to show the characters you can see! As a treat I got some delicious ice cream from Cold Stone and headed to my hotel room!

Day 5 - Diamond Head, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Nap on the beach, Papaya, Sunset, Banana ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment