Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hawaii - My Birthday


Saturday morning was my 25th birthday! I got to do something that I never thought that I would do -- surfing! I am not saying that I was any good but I was excited because I got up 1 1/2 times :)Here is a picture of me knee boarding! My 1 1/2 times were standing and then this was my extra time! It was fun and I still have bruises from it :)



















Jill, Nathan, me, and Waxer (the pastor of Jill's church).




Her church is the reason that we got to go surfing!




















25!




For my birthday we went to eat at a restaurant called Shorebirds. It was on the beach and we got there in perfect time for sunset pictures! I had an amazing birthday!!









At Shorebirds you grill your own food...it was delicious!










At home, Jeanette made me a homemade strawberry cake! It was yummy and we ate a little bit of it all week! I couldn't have asked for a better day!

~Surfing -- I was nervous. Jill had told me that we didn't have to go but of course I wanted to. When would I ever get the chance to go surfing! We woke up early so I didn't have to much time to get nervous. They had some lessons on the beach and then we went into the water with our individual instructor. What an amazing experience! The one time that I really got up -- I didn't think about it...I just got up! If you ever have the chance to try surfing...DO IT! I hope to try it again sometime!

Day 3 - Pancake Breakfast, Surfing, Swapmeet, Shorebirds, Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment