Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THE Hike

The views from our cabin the next morning were breathtaking!Dad and I before the hike....Here is some information about the hike: Mt Allen/Centennial Ridge Trail
- highest maintained trail in the Canadian Rockies (9249 ft)
- we hiked almost 21 km (a little over 13 miles)
- it took us a little over 10 hrs to finish the hike
- we hiked almost 2000 feet down in 1.2 miles


Brandon, Angela (my step sister) and my dad all did the hike!
Last year my dad did this hike by himself. It started raining and he got lost, fell and hit his head. He was out in the mountains for almost 24 hrs. He wanted to finish the hike so we all did it with him!
The views were amazing!

We sat and ate lunch in this meadow....
And my dad turned and said we were 1/4 of the way there. He pointed up and said that we were going to peak that mountain!
The hike after the meadow changed...we began rock climbing. I am not the biggest fan of heights but the views were completely worth it!

God's beauty shines in the mountains!I am very proud of my dad for wanted to do the hike again!
Our very own little snowman!We came across some little mountain mouse but no other big animals -- thank goodness!There were points in the hike were I thought I wasn't going to make it! My legs felt like they were going to give out. I relied on two people for strength. My dad and my Heavenly Father. I remember my dad holding my hand during the steep parts and always checking on me to make sure I was ok. I am so grateful for him. Throughout the hike I was praying for strength and courage and wisdom and peace. And I kept repeating "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" and "Nothing is impossible with God."
The view from the top!

We made it!!
When we got to the end, I wanted to kiss the ground but my legs wouldn't let me! I slept like a baby that night and was VERY sore for a couple of days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment